February 20, 2018
Created on the "Quacktastic" episode of The Sporting Chef TV show on Sportsman Channel, this Duck and Squash Fried Rice Recipe began a cooking experiment, and the result was delicious. Intended to be a side dish, this recipe also doubles as a tasty entrÃ©e.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup each diced onion, carrot and celery
- 1 teaspoon Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub Blend
- 1 ¼ cups acorn squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups duck breast, cut into Â½- to 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown (or any) rice
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- Dash Trail Dust Western Style Seasoning
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and sautÃ© until onions are translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with Hi Mountain Garlic Pepper Rub Blend. Add acorn squash and cook for 3 more minutes. Add garlic.
2. Add duck and cook until lightly browned. Add rice and chicken broth. Stir to combine contents of the skillet and cook until hot.
3. Crack eggs over skillet, keeping yolks intact, if possible. Cover with a lid or foil to cook eggs to desired temperature. For runny eggs, they are done with the top just turns creamy white. Top with Trail Dust Western Style Seasoning.