Do you have an epic band recovery tale you want to broadcast to the world or just want to share the starting and ending points from a memorable banded bird? Wildfowl has two different ways for you to contribute, through our Band Tales and The Living Skies columns.
Band Tales are short stories from hunters who retell the exciting, interesting, or unbelievable account of their bird band recovery. Be sure to include all the details and what made this outing extra special for a chance to be featured in an upcoming Band Tales column in Wildfowl Magazine.
- 250-500 word total (brief yet thorough explanation, include important details; who, what, when, where, why, how).
- Attach a Microsoft Word Doc or fill out the “Tell Us Your Story” field in the form below.
- Feel free to include a creative headline and photo captions.
- (Optional - attach a voice note of your leg band recovery saga).
- Attach your images (horizontal/landscape orientation preferred) with the completed form below.
Check out some recent BAND TALES from hunters just like you!
THE LIVING SKIES
Our Living Skies column is a map form of band reports that highlights the banding and recovery locations of banded waterfowl across North America. Fill out the form below with your personal information and the details of your band or simply attach a copy of your USGS Band Certificate for a chance to be featured in an upcoming Living Skies column in Wildfowl Magazine. You're also welcome to add any photos, voice notes, videos, or other supporting assets to help us share your story.