Horseradish Duck Burger Recipe
Ready to grill up some delicious, juicy waterfowl burgers? This Horseradish Duck Burger Recipe is made with ground duck breast fillets and a kick of horseradish
When it comes to making burgers, most people don't consider waterfowl meat as an alternative to beef, but ground duck or goose breasts are great on the grill.
Before grinding, it's best to remove excess blood by soaking the breast fillets for several hours in a simple saltwater brine (½ gallon water, plus ½ cup coarse salt). Leave the skin on milder-tasting puddlers, but remove it from the darker-fleshed ducks.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups ground duck breast fillets, skin on or off
- 1 cup ground pork
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Sliced bacon
- Sliced cheese, your choice
- Lettuce, onion and tomato (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together ground duck, pork, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, ketchup, horseradish and breadcrumbs.
- Shape duck meat mixture into 4 to 6 patties.
- Grill each side of patty until just done, but not overcooked (135 degrees internal temperature for medium-rare).
- Melt cheese over top of patty.
- Cook bacon.
- Serve duck patty on bun with bacon and top with your choice of condiments.