By WILDFOWL Online Staff
It’s summertime and we are cleaning out the freezer and firing up the grill for our friends and families. Last fall was a bountiful one, so the WILDFOWL online staff has plenty of ducks to grill up! Our friends at Camp Chef, makers of some the coolest cooking products around, sent us two of their favorite grilling recipes for ducks from Scott Leysath, host of The Sporting Chef on Sportsman Channel.
Sweet Jalapeño Grilled Duck Recipe
The sweet, tangy flavor of orange juice combined with spicy jalapeños in this duck recipe will have your taste buds screaming for more.
- 4 whole ducks
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 6 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced widthwise
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Get the Recipe: Sweet Jalapeño Grilled Duck Recipe
Horseradish Duck Burger Recipe
When it comes to making burgers, most people don't consider waterfowl meat as an alternative to beef, but ground duck or goose breasts are great on the grill.
Ready to grill up some delicious, juicy waterfowl burgers? Try this Horseradish Duck Burger Recipe.
- 2 cups ground duck breast fillets, skin on or off
- 1 cup ground pork
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Sliced bacon
- Sliced cheese, your choice
- Lettuce, onion and tomato (optional)
Get the Recipe: Horseradish Duck Burger Recipe